Microneedling – Pre and post care
Follow the pre and post care instructions to make sure you are getting the best results possible from your microneedling treatment.
We highly recommend using our environ skin care line for at least 3 weeks before your first microneedling treatment.
Contraindications for Microneedling
- Skin cancer or pre-cancerous lesions
- Active skin infections, warts, solar keratosis, ear infection
- Known allergies to the topical anesthetic
- Anti-coagulant therapies require a doctor’s consent
- Cis-retinoic acid (e.g. Roaccutane) – allow 6 months after completion of treatment to avoid any potential healing problems.
- Botox – allow 10 days after injected
- Fillers – allow 14 days after injected
Contraindications for Iontophoresis
- Pacemaker and electronic implants of all kinds
- Sinusitis can cause pain in the sinus area
- Epilepsy – must have doctor’s permission
- Excessive metallic fillings
- Excessive sunburn in the treatment area
- Loss of sensation in the treatment area
- Active Herpes simplex (cold sores) or open cuts and abrasions – can still perform treatment in unaffected areas
- Angina and arrhythmias – unless provided with doctor’s consent
- Botulinum Toxin (e.g. BOTOX®) within the preceding 5 to 7 days
- Dermal fillers within the preceding 5 to 7 days
- Cancer or Radiation in the treatment area
Contraindications for Sonophoresis
There are no real contraindications to sonophoresis. However, clients who need to take caution or need a doctor’s permission are those who have:
- Ear damage
- Ear infections
- Hearing implants
- Your skin will feel and look sunburned for about 24 hours.
- Hyper- or hypopigmentation may occur for a short period of time.
- Blood spots dried on the face may last up to a few days.
- The skin may appear very lined for 2-3 days after needling.
- Bruising may occur.
- The skin may feel extremely dry, rough and tight. Treatment area will feel dehydrated for about 5 to 6 days.
- No make-up applied for 8-12 hours after procedure.
- Minimum to no direct sun exposure for 12-24 hours.
- If needling is performed on the body, shower in lukewarm water.
- No hair removal for 2 days after treatment.
- Evening of treatment day: Wash treatment area, massage with clean finger tips to remove any bumps and apply more Body EssentiA A, C & E Oil, or recommended daily ENVIRON® vitamin A product.
- Next day: Use regular home care products and C-Boost.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) Toner should not be used for the first 24 hours.
- No clarifying lotion to be applied for 6-8 hours after procedure.
- If the skin is excessively sensitive, use antioxidant gel.
- If you are given remaining Sono DFP Peptide Serum to use at home: After cleansing and using a cosmetic roller/stamp, apply a thin layer of Sono DFP Peptide Serum to the skin’s surface and allow to dry. Follow with your recommended Environ regime containing vitamins A and C. Apply morning and evening until the serum is finished.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your pre or post care instructions, please contact us. We are here to help.